Undergraduate Programs, Associate Director
The Keough School of Global Affairs at the University of Notre Dame seeks an Associate Director of Undergraduate Programs. The first new school established at Notre Dame in nearly a century, the Keough School builds on the work of several prominent institutes and initiatives. The Keough School offers academic programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, supports international research initiatives, and engages with policy and practice communities. The Associate Director reports to and works closely with the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs to plan, implement, and manage the day-to-day responsibilities for the undergraduate programs.
Program Administration and Development
- Manages the day-to-day activities involved in establishing the new Program in Global Affairs (PGA), and will transition into serving as principal administrator for the program once it opens;
- coordinates planning for Keough School undergraduate programs with directors of the institutes’ undergraduate programs, and their associate/assistant directors;
- manages efforts to recruit students to the PGA, and to maintain a visible presence for the program on campus, developing events and activities to increase student engagement;
- works with the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs on long term strategic planning for Keough School undergraduate programs;s
- serves on University and school committees related to undergraduate studies, when appropriate;
- represents the PGA in collaborations between the Keough School undergraduate programs and other university colleges and schools, particularly regarding the coordination of advising and program requirement;
- compiles data and drafts annual reports for Keough School undergraduate programs.
- Provides advising to current students enrolled in the Program in Global Affairs on the plan of study, including course selection and coordination of regional and thematic specializations and global experiences;
- works as a peer to advisors in the First Year of Studies and in other Colleges to coordinate advising of students in the PGA;
- provides information to prospective students on the Program in Global Affairs and/or refers them to other programs available at Keough School Institutes.
Enrollment & Curricular Management
- Manages enrollment in the PGA;
- coordinates with Associate Director of the MGA on curricular management, including course listings, faculty assignments for PGA courses, identifying and pursuing cross-listed courses in other units, and oversees the eTUSC process.
General Program Support
- Performs various tasks related to the advancement of the Keough School Program in Global Affairs. These may be administrative in nature, and will be determined as opportunities and needs arise (e.g. work closely with the Keough School Communications and Marketing team).
Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years relevant professional experience; experience advising college-level students; effective communicator,including writing skills, one-on-one sessions, and team-based communication; demonstrated ability to work in teams and collaborate with different stakeholders; prior professional or living experience in international settings preferred; and understanding and commitment to the values and mission of the University of Notre Dame and the Keough School.
MA degree in global or international affairs, public policy, or related field preferred.