The Office Coordinator provides a range of administrative support services to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the Keough School Dean’s Office. The Coordinator serves as the first point of contact with the School to visitors and guests who call or visit the Dean’s office; coordinates office operations and serves as liaison to various business operations units within the university; and provides general administrative support to the Associate Dean for Operations as requested.The Office Coordinator provides a range of administrative support services to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the Keough School Dean’s Office. The Coordinator serves as the first point of contact with the School to visitors and guests who call or visit the Dean’s office; coordinates office operations and serves as liaison to various business operations units within the university; and provides general administrative support to the Associate Dean for Operations as requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Dean’s Office Coordination
- Serves as liaison to internal ND administrative support units, including Telecommunications, Procurement, Building Services, and others to ensure smooth operation of the School; makes requests for services from these units.
- Orders supplies and serves as main point of contact for vendors (e.g., Canon, FedEx, Office Depot).Works with the Events Program Director and Associate Dean for Operations to facilitate space management in Jenkins Nanovic Halls, including maintaining booking calendars, reporting maintenance and housekeeping issues, submitting work orders, and office key distribution
- Receives, sorts, and coordinates distribution of incoming mail, packages, and deliveries to the School; assists with sending FedEx and UPS packages; maintains mailing lists and online groups;
- Responsible for hiring, orienting, assigning tasks, and processing payments in Ultratime for student employees in the Dean’s Office, including office workers, research assistants, and teaching assistant
Reception and Visitor Support
- Serves as first point of contact at the School for visitors and guests; answers main phone line, responds to general questions and refers calls to appropriate faculty and staff; greets visitors to the office, addresses their questions and/or directs them to appropriate faculty and staff;
- Provides general office support for School visitors on office-related tasks (e.g. photocopying, faxing, scanning, etc.) as needed;Administrative Support for Associate Dean for Operations
- Supports Associate Dean in staff hiring by setting up phone/electronic interviews, scheduling on-campus interviews, preparing interview itineraries, and preparing related documentation and paperwork
- Supports Associate Dean in facility management through preparing and maintaining spreadsheets and other documents on Jenkins and Nanovic Halls, updating and installing signage for offices, and other tasks as assigned;
- Prepares reimbursment requests for travelND for the Associate Dean, visitors to the School who are unfamiliar with the process, or when other staff who prepare these need additional assistance;Organizes and maintains online resources (e.g., Google docs, sheets, forms) for the sharing of information and materials among staff at the Keough School more widely;
- Supports planning and implementation of occasional staff-related functions and activities (e.g., lunches, Keough School staff meetings and gatherings, retirement/farewell activities, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3+ Years experience required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and service orientation.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a diverse workload in a busy environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and frequent interuptions effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highest standards of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to function as a member of a team to fulfill the team’s responsibilities.
- Proficiency in the use of Internet, email, and business software (word processing, spreadsheet, database, & calendar).